If you’re a gun owner, you likely own a gun safe. If you don’t, it’s probably time to start looking! To give you a hand, we’ve taken some time to compile some basic considerations when shopping for a large gun safe. Whether it’s a manual combination or biometric lock safe, we’ve taken a look at some basics when it comes to size, weight and utility. When it comes to protecting your family, your valuables and your firearms it’s important to understand what gun safe is best suited for you. There are endless brands and models to choose from, but we hope this will help fill in some general questions and point you in the right direction.
Buying a Large Gun Safe? Start with Research.
Before you make your decision, it’s important to do your homework. There are a number of brands and models that may be suitable for you, but it all depends on the size of your firearms, the size of your collection, and the features that are most valuable to you. It’s important to make an educated decision; typically gun safes aren’t cheap. When it comes to protecting your family, valuables and firearms, it’s important to make an informed decision.
Sizing and Measuring
If you’re buying a large gun safe, size matters. It seems obvious, right? But there’s more to it than just the size of the safe itself. Large gun safes are designed to store numerous weapons, but depending on the type of safe you may run out of room quicker than you think. It’s important to look at the interior of the safe. Are there shelving units inside, and are they adjustable? Is there room to store smaller firearms? How about ammunition? In addition, how much wall space will you need for your safe? It’s important to make sure you measure the width and depth of your safe as well.
Consider its Weight
Large gun safes can range in their weight anywhere from 300 pounds to well over 500 pounds. The heavier the weight of your gun safe, the less risk there will be of theft. When considering your gun safe, do remember that weight can impact your storage options. Depending on the type of flooring you have, a large gun safe has the potential to crack or break or sink your flooring. It’s important to consider storage space when considering the weight of your gun safe.
What Kind of Lock Type is For You?
When it comes to large gun safes there are essentially two lock type groupings: dial and biometric. Dial locks are quite common to all safe types and are straight forward to use. They can be finicky at times, and even a bit noisy, but you can’t go wrong with a dial. Many dial safes also come with additional security features and reinforcements.
Biometric safes use biometric verification for access. That means a person must be uniquely identified by a biological feature – typically a fingerprint – before access may be granted. Most biometric safes use fingerprint scanners for entry, and many newer biometric safes permit numerous registered identities which is handy both at home and in the workplace when multiple people require access. In some cases biometric safes have silent keypads, which is an often desirable feature. Some too come with alarm features that inform a user if they’ve left their safe door ajar.
Why Purchase a Large Gun Safe?
There are many uses for a gun safes, that goes without saying. Here are a few practical benefits to purchasing a large gun safe:
- Protection. Large gun safes are typically quite heavy and nearly impossible to move. Their weight adds an extra deterrent in cases of theft which is reassuring. They’re also helpful for protecting children. With large gun safes there’s more difficulty opening the door. They’re also generally more difficult to get at in contrast to smaller units.
- Storage. Almost every large gun safe has a storage compartment integrated into its interior. While these are most commonly used for things like ammunition or smaller weapons, gun safes are also fantastic places for storing other valuables like jewelry and documents.
Which Makes should you Consider?
- First up, GunVault. GunVault specializes in a bit smaller safes that are often used as handgun vaults, but they can store multiple handguns in a single safe. There are a range of styles to choose from and a lot of their safes come complete with biometric fingerprint recognition.
- Viking is another smaller gun safe manufacturer that is large in it’s capacity. Like GunVault, a number of Viking gun safes can hold multiple handguns in a single safe. Many have keypad or biometric locking systems.
- Liberty safes are not only large capacity holders, but large in size as well. Liberty has a wide range of safes in all kinds of colours and sizes for storing multiple long guns and handguns. Most liberty safes come with dial locks and reinforcing features.
- Similar to Liberty, Fort Knox vaults are another well known brand with a number of large gun safe options.
Amazon Current Price
Regardless of the safe you choose, most of the questions remain the same. Do some research before upscaling to a larger safe. Consider it’s size, the storage area, and the practicality and utility of the safe before purchasing.
- Gun Cabinet Safe Reviews Gun Cabinet Safe: With so many uncertainties around the globe, it is certain to have firearms and guns at home now-a-days. Rather it has become a safety mandate or a precaution to have one. But as we know huge things come with huge responsibilities. We cannot ignore the fact that if on one hand these guns protect us from burglars and malefactors, on the other hand these same weapons could be hazardous to us if not handled properly. Therefore, one needs to follow a proper gun safety for it to serve as a boon and not the bane. Definitely, in a family there can be kids and unattended or concealed weapons if get caught by these children the outcomes would be devastating. Also, since these firearms are costly, there’s a risk of these themselves getting misappropriated. Furthermore, […]
- Top 5 in-wall gun safe review The Gun safe plays a crucial role in offering protection in case there is a break in or perhaps an attack by an outsider. Just as much as we like having a gun for protection reasons, it’s great to keep them off from the wrong individuals for instance children and then thieves who may take it with unhealthy intentions. This is where a gun safe comes into play. There are various kinds of gun safes in the market today, then one of the best and also most safe of them all is the wall gun safe. The wall gun safe is one among the best safes to have since it is properly concealed in your home and thus could not be easily uncovered. It could be properly designed by an interior decorator to mix beautifully with your wall structure or even cupboard.
Amazon Current Price
The reason […]
- Gun Safe Reviews – Best Gun Safes Gun Safe Reviews:
It is not quite easy to find a perfect thing for yourself especially when it comes to purchasing something which has to meet all your needs and desires. It is becomes very challenging, the same goes for finding a perfect gun safe which you have always dreamt of, even if it is difficult, it is not impossible to find a gun safe that suits your needs. This is because guns are not like other items which can be at the reach of anyone as they can take life and cut breathe in just a matter of seconds. A sufficient reason why no one has the right to fool around or even dare play with guns. As they are very dangerous when not properly handled. There is no second chance when it comes to guns. This is because mistakes made with a gun cannot be reversed. This implies […]
- Best Gun Safes Best Gun Safes - Gun Safe Reviews:
A gun safe stands for a protective and secure storage container which can receive one or more firearms together with the different ammunitions for different guns. All gun safes are made with the primary aim of restricting access to unqualified and unauthorised persons, burglary actions. Secondarily a safe is intended to keep its content safe from fire, flood and other natural disasters. In many places around the world, access prevention is obligatory by law thus necessitating a gun lock, gun safe or metal cabinet.
Over time, gun safes have largely replaced gun cabinets which are designed and made from fined stained wood together with an etched glass front. This was mainly to display the collection of one’s guns so many decades ago. […]
- Cannon Gun Safe Reviews Cannon Gun Safes: Any time we speak about safe storage space for your guns, you have to be guaranteed that your guns are safe should you hold one. The significance of protecting your guns safely with cannon gun safe can never be emphasized enough, mainly because having a child get hold of a gun which is within your control can lead to a situation that is both sad and then devastating. In case a careless kid gets hold of a firearm, the outcomes can be terrible as well. Worse still if an extremely youngster comes into possession of a rifle, the young child may consider it as a plaything gun and then unintentionally shoot somebody else! Therefore, it is advisable that one keeps his or her guns in the safest possible position, and most safe method available such as stack on gun […]
- 24 Gun Safe Reviews: For Firearms Enthusiasts It's frightening to imagine what could happen should your child or a burglar gain access to your firearms. One of the easiest ways by which you can improve your safety and that of your family is to use a secure gun safe. This post highlights some of the best large gun safes with capacity for up to 24 firearms. It will also guide you through the maze of countless 24 gun safe options available, to help you make the best choice.
1. Champion Gun Safes
Champion gun safe is of high repute among other gun safe brands. Not only does this 24 gun safe offer good solid construction, it also offers many storage options, depending on your specific needs. Champion gun safes offer protection against fire, making it a particularly popular choice. And it comes with a warranty of up to five […]
- Biometric Wall Gun Safe Reviews Biometric Wall Gun Safes: Whoever owns a gun will most likely consider purchasing the best Biometric gun safe. It is important that everyone in possession of firearms in their homes make safety a watch word. For those who have children at home, this is absolutely necessary. Firearms should be properly kept. It should never be left unattended to nor left in the open for anyone to gain access to. In addition, they should not only be secured and shielded from children, but from intruders and burglars. Remember that there are cases of stolen firearms which are used daily in crimes across the globe.
In the event that people are aware of your possession of a gun, they might be tempted to steal it. In due of this, it is vital you keep your guns in a safe (a place to keep your guns […]
- Top 5 Under Bed Gun Safe reviews Under Bed Gun Safes: Firearm owners should to safeguard and protect our weapons and other fatal guns from kids and other members of the family so as to ensure their safety. An ideal way to make sure that these weapons are safe and away from the reach of children is to store them right beside you. Here comes the role of under bed gun safes! An under bed gun safe is one of the very important products for the arm owner that helps them properly store the guns beside their bed. Here is an array of some of the bed gun safes that are easily available in the market these days.
Stealth DV652 Under Bed Defense Vault
Whether you are a rifle owner or a shotgun owner, Stealth DV652 is the most prominent and unrivalled under bed gun safe that provides high degree of security and to the […]
- Best Biometric Gun Safe Reviews Best Biometric Gun Safes: Biometric gun safes are one of the most important and useful products that are widely used to store firearms so as to provide them utmost protection from children as well as thieves. Whether you are a professional who own biometric gun safe for legal issues or an aware citizen who uses it for the purpose of safety, this well researched guide will provide you with the extensive information and reviews about the finest biometric gun safes that are easily available nowadays. Well! It is always recommended to invest in a biometric gun safe for those who own a gun for any apparent reason. A responsible gun owner should always own a gun safe that is best suitable for their needs. Thus, by going through these options, you can make a wise decision regarding […]
- Combination Gun Safe Reviews: Our Top 5 A combination gun safe basically consists of a lock that relies on the use of a combination of digits to unlock the safe. This type of lock is different from the one which employs biometrics such as iris or fingerprint scanning. It is also different from the one which requires physical keys to open. Its advantage is that there is no way for one to know the combinations of the lock unless they have been told. Also, there are no incidences of lost keys putting the contents of the safe at risk.
Best Small Combination Gun Safe
If you happen to own a small firearm, the best combination gun safe can be chosen from the list below.
Stack-On PDS 500-Electronic Drawer Safe: this safe features a minimal form with a keypad for unlocking it. The keypad is depressed inside of the safe's […]